Monday Mailbag - Grading Chiarelli's Trade Deadline

baggedmilk
March 06 2017 07:15AM

Mailbag

ATB 2016 Sponsor Banner

Can you believe that we're in March already? It's strange to think about the fact that we're coming down the home stretch with light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what to do with my hands. Draft related sadness is a story that we've seen many times before, but there hasn't been any draft talk around these parts and that's something new and exciting. Playoffs? We're actually talking playoffs! But on this day we take a look at the answers to everything you've ever wanted to know when it comes to the Edmonton Oilers, and life in general. My friends, it's mailbag time.

Let's Make a Deal

1) Brady asks - If you had to give the Oilers a grade for their deadline approach what would it be and why?

Jonathan Willis:

C+. Desharnais is an important addition to the team, and secures a third-line centre position which has been a real problem all year. I'm not wild about the acquisition cost; in a vacuum I'd rather have Davidson though Desharnais obviously does more to address team need than Davidson did (more on that here). I'd personally have taken a more aggressive approach, targeting at least an additional RW, because I think there's a chance this team could go on a run. I understand Peter Chiarelli's skepticism, though. There's not enough here to bump up the grade - not when teams like Boston or Nashville were able to add cheap insurance on the wing - but there's also nothing worth getting too upset about.

Lowetide:

I am terrible with grades, but would say C+. C because they should have gotten a goalie and + because they didn't trade any draft picks. I find it difficult to be critical of Chiarelli because he didn't trade Jeff Petry for draft picks.

Robin Brownlee:

Peter Chiarelli took a realistic approach to the deadline. If you wanted one of the few big names out there, you won't be happy, but I think adding David Desharnais was a solid move that was needed in the bottom six. Big moves, if made, need to come in the summer. Solid B-plus, maybe even an A.

Matt Henderson:

C- I think they have had a weakness on the wing for the entire season and the price to fill it was very low. Parenteau of Vanek for a sixth or a third and an AHL D was very low and could have had a huge impact on the roster. At bare minimum, it would have opened up options for McLellan. So they swapped out Davidson for Desharnais and really nothing else. I think this team had a chance to walk away big winners but didn't.

Chris the Intern:

I would give Chia a B+. First of all, I wasn't expecting much coming into the deadline, so I wasn't really surprised that he didn't do much. AND he told us that his plan was not to do much. I'm excited to see Eberle & RNH in the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

Baggedmilk:

I'd give Chia a 'C' because I wasn't really expecting much in the first place. I like Davi but I don't mind the Desharnais trade. I would have liked to see something more than Justin Fontaine added for RW depth, but to me that says that they're going to be recalling Poolparty before the playoffs start.

2) Sean M. asks - The Oilers made very few moves this deadline, opting to keep draft picks. Considering the lack of prospect depth (particularly among forwards) was this a good strategy for this year?

Jonathan Willis:

With the West being the way it is, I have argued for a more aggressive strategy. Even if we avoid the extreme version of that (Russell, Davidson out; Shattenkirk in, hard run at Vrbata, hard run at Boyle) I don't think a depth pick was too high of a price to pay for a veteran winger. However, it's not hard to understand the reasoning here. If Edmonton's going to be competitive in the coming seasons, it's going to need good, cheap, young players and that means a lot of college recruitment and draft picks. On that score, it's hard not to like the addition of Ryan Mantha to the team - right defence is an area of weakness in the prospect pool and he helps address that.

Lowetide:

I think the general manager was in fact hamstrung from not having his own second-round pick. The club has been using their picks more wisely in recent years so keeping those picks makes sense to me.

Robin Brownlee:

Matt Henderson:

Not from my perspective. The draft isn't going to save the Oilers any longer. The team is simply too good to expect big returns from the draft. Their best young players are a lot more likely to come outside this route, like Matthew Benning and maybe this Mantha kid. Now that this club should be in the 18-31 range for the foreseeable future, the value of their picks will plummet.

Chris the Intern:

I am a little bit confused with the Taylor Beck trade. Seemed sort of lateral to me. Although it seems apparent Chia is looking to sign older guys so if that's what he's going for he followed through with it. With that said it will be nice heading into this years draft with a bunch of picks (minus a second).

Baggedmilk:

Apparently, this year's draft class isn't overly good so keeping picks wouldn't matter as much. That said, maybe Chiarelli is going to use them as trade bullets for the draft or as a means to keep Vegas' grubby mitts away from someone specific. At the end of the day, I'm just happy that we're not talking about where the Oilers will be drafting this year.

3) Ashley asks - Did Peter Chiarelli mess up by not adding an experienced backup goaltender?

Jonathan Willis:

I know a lot of people have a problem with this, but I don't really. Brossoit has to make the jump now if he's going to be on the team next year, and given that he has to clear waivers we can look at this as his career being at the crossroads. There's also the concern of taking on additional salary given the Oilers' likely rookie bonuses. To me it comes down to the coaching staff being willing to give Brossoit a few starts over the next month and a half. If Brossoit plays the Colorado game on Mar. 23, one of the Vancouver games on Apr. 8/9, and one or two others, that should be enough.

Lowetide:

Mess up may be a bit strong, but I bet on some level Mr. Chiarelli wanted to add a goalie.

Robin Brownlee:

Mess up? No. Was it worth looking at? Sure.

Matt Henderson:

Yes. He's working without a safety net. You won't know you needed one until it's too late.

Chris the Intern:

It would have been nice bringing a guy like Halak in while letting Brossoit win an AHL chamipionship but I'm not angry we didn't get one. I'm fine with him playing the odd game. Talbot has not gotten fatigued...yet. For now I will assume this is impossible and that he'll play in the NHL until he's 50.

Baggedmilk:

No, he didn't screw up by not adding a backup goalie at the deadline, he screwed up by adding Gustavsson in free agency. There were much better options out there and Chiarelli landed on Gustavsson which didn't make any sense. Remember how I said that at the time and some of you guys roasted me for it? I'll wait for my apology cards to come in the mail.

4) Graham asks - Was there a particular trade or deal that happened on or before deadline day that you wish the Oilers would have been able to swing? I thought the Vanek deal was doable for Edmonton but they missed out again.

Jonathan Willis:

I didn't think Vanek was a fit for Edmonton - he's been one of the four most sheltered forwards in the entire analytics era - and Todd McLellan just doesn't run his lines like that. As much as he would have been a help to the power play, it's hard to find room for a slower, one-dimensional forward at evens. I'd have had time for P.A. Parenteau for a sixth-round pick; that's basically no cost for a guy who can help the power play and chip in on a veteran third line with Desharnais and Pouliot.

Lowetide:

Not really, no. The Oilers time will come and when it does. I expect we will be dancing and singing.

Robin Brownlee:

I wouldn't have minded seeing Curtis Lazar get a second chance in Edmonton. Minor deal, but I think there's a useful bottom six forward there.

Matt Henderson:

You mentioned Vanek, that one for me stands out. His reputation is in the gutter with a lot of fans (and hockey people) but that's real talent acquired for almost nothing. I still would have loved to see the Oil swing for the fences and go for Shattenkirk. The price was not that high and I would have bet on myself as GM that I could sell him on being 97's teammate with an extension.

Chris the Intern:

I thought the Parenteau deal was very plausible and surprising. Wish we could have got him.

Baggedmilk:

I too think the Parenteau deal was something that Chiarelli should have looked at. Heaven forbid we don't lose that sixth round pick. Vanek might have been nice to bolster the power play, too. The real prize was Shattenkirk but it didn't sound like he wanted to be here anyway so what was the point of trying to force a square peg into a round hole?

5) Always Oilers asks  - With the Oilers playing 11 of 13 games in March at home what would be an acceptable record over that span to make sure they solidify their playoff position?

Jonathan Willis:

I'm not worried about them solidifying their playoff position. They're almost certainly in, barring something truly catastrophic happening. What I'm curious about is whether they can climb the standings in the Pacific division and get some of the kinks ironed out prior to the postseason. Given the softness of the schedule, something like 7-4-2 would be the minimum that I'd find acceptable, and it wouldn't surprise me if they went on a real tear.

Lowetide:

I think this is the point in the season when it is hard to do that, to be honest. If Edmonton clinches third place and cannot reach second in the final four games, we may see players rested. I will say they should average more than a point per game, though.

Robin Brownlee:

Oilers should win eight of those 13 games.

Matt Henderson:

8-4-1 is a record I would be pretty happy with. It seems lofty, but it's doable. Edmonton has opponents breathing down their neck. They need to separate themselves if they want home ice in the first round. It's barely more than a month before the regular season is over. Finish strong heading into the playoffs.

Chris the Intern:

Honestly, I feel like they could clinch the playoffs by going 7-4-1 but I think they are going to do much better than that. 9-1-3. Book it!

Baggedmilk:

They need to win at least 60% of these games which equals out to about eight wins. They have a friendly schedule against a lot of non-playoff teams down the stretch and they'll need to take advantage of that as Calgary and LA are now right on their heels.

CELEBRATE HOCKEY WITH ATB FINANCIAL

At ATB, we hear you: being a hockey fan is expensive. We want to make it cheaper for you. Tell us how you and your squad celebrate hockey and you could win $1,000! Learn more at ATB.com/yegfans.

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Tyrant at @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#1 Heavy Stick
March 06 2017, 09:39AM
cheers

You have to remember...very few top end players want to come to Edmonton. It's likely in the bottom 10 for sure. Climate and taxes alone do it but add eccentric fans and you have a overpay or I stay situation..see Lucic et AL. Would McDaviD rather been playing in Florida or Texas. He'd pocket another mil a year at least and be around hot girls.

#2 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:43AM
Randaman wrote:

You make the mistake of posting here too often.

What's your point?

LB will be just fine.

You make the mistake you know anything regarding hockey.

#3 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:13AM
cheers

Huge mistake not having a legit backup goalie for the playoffs. Chia has made this mistake twice since he has been here.

#4 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 11:17AM
Ned wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what your point is by posting here other than being biased against the Oilers at every opportunity. You obviously cherry pick data/quotes etc. to be negative against the Oilers in anyway possible.

How full of jealousy and anger does a person have to be in order to act this way? I imagine that you'll have to be talked off a ledge if the Oilers and Flames play each other in the playoffs and the Flames lose. You really need to walk away from the computer for awhile for your own mental health. Seriously.

This is all you've got.

PS not a Flames fan

#5 Towersofdub
March 06 2017, 09:49AM
Heavy Stick wrote:

In texas and florid he'd be around overweight afro-mexicans as well. I think there are a few attractive women in Edmonton.

#6 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 11:01AM
Hemmercules wrote:

You schooled me? Hahahaha. Nice try.

So Friedman says "I do think" and "its possible" and these are facts?

I already showed you the Chia end of trade deadline press conference, which I had assumed you already watched because you are gods gift to Oilers fans and know all and everything about them. Maybe they did take a peek at those guys before deadline day but going by Chias comments they seem to be happy with LB as the backup and didn't take a big run at any other backups.

PS Don't forget to uptick your comment

#7 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:42AM
cheers

Detroit was playing a back to back , they traded away 4 players and were down 1 D-man in the game and bottom team in the NHL. So to review any player during that game is a joke.

I will reserve my opinion on Desharnais .

#8 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:51AM
Hemmercules wrote:

We had no idea you felt this way. Tell us more oh wise one.

Your back again you were schooled by me a couple days ago.

Not sure what Edmonton was trying to pursue in moving Andrew Ference’s expiring contract, but it sounds very intriguing. What made things more difficult is that it wasn’t insured, so an acquiring team had to be willing to spend the cash. I do think they took a look at Jaroslav Halak, and it’s possible they talked a Halak/Mark Fayne trade with the Islanders. (Both have one year remaining.) There were probably other parts to that deal, but, whatever the case, it obviously didn’t happen.

Elliott Freidman

#9 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:45AM
Towersofdub wrote:

Relying on a back up goalie to win the stanley cup, or what?

He went into this season without a legit backup Jonas G. There were many goalies out there. And look w hat happened Jonas is in the AHL

#10 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 10:12AM

Grant McCagg former scout for Montreal Canadians

" I’m trying to think back to an old deal where Peter Chiarelli owed Marc Bergevin a favour, but none popped to mind, so I’m still trying to figure out why Edmonton would make this deal. Desharnais was productive a few years ago…but those days are over. The diminutive forward has seen plenty of time on the power play the past three seasons with little or no production. He would be trotted out time and again, and it was hard to comprehend, as in his past 75 games he failed to score a power-play goal and collected just three assists despite regular shifts on the first and second units.

What was even more concerning was his constant basket hanging. A player who gets very few points should be working hard on the backcheck, especially playing center when you are supposed to protect your own slot and the opposing center, but he was regularly the last forward back, having a disconcerting habit of standing at the opponent’s goal line hoping a teammate gets a turnover until the puck was on its way back the other way and him a line or two behind the play. When an opponent was bringing the puck out of its own zone, the majority of the time Desharnais was nowhere to be seen, and more often than not would head to the bench for a change instead of trying to backcheck, leaving the next center hopelessly out of the play and often on the hook for a goal against.

#11 Hockey123
March 06 2017, 11:16AM
Hemmercules wrote:

Thats what I thought. You ran away last time I "schooled" you too.

Oh good comeback

#12 Towersofdub
March 06 2017, 01:56PM
3 Little Birds wrote:

Wow dude, just wow.

This just in - Mexicans don't have afros.

Tweet out your (lack of) intelligence report to Fox news and Trump will build his wall out of Velcro.

Afro-mexicans as in biracial people who have one Black parent and one Mexican parent. I can elaborate further if you need.

#13 Spoils
March 06 2017, 08:38AM
cheers

In retrospect, trading our number one pick last year would have yielded disproportionate returns. The fact that we didn't make that bet is unfortunate imo.

You have to make some bets and clearly PC bet it would have been impossible to beat the top top teams no matter what we added this deadline.

I'm not sure that had to be true had we started going for it last summer; because McDavid.

Hindsight is 20:20

I bet this summer PC goes for it.

#14 ubermiguel
March 06 2017, 08:31AM
cheers

The loss to Washington convinced me that Chiarelli was right, they're not quite ready to tangle with the big boys in the playoffs yet.

#15 Lazarus
March 06 2017, 09:37AM
freelancer wrote:

They certainly are an improved team but a couple big things to keep in mind....

Since the All Star game, Calgary has a record of 8-1-1 in 10 games played against non playoff teams and a record of 3-1-0 against playoff teams.

4. Calgary has played against 4 current playoff teams since the All Star Break.

The Flames are 31-16-3 since November 15. Have they played any playoff teams in that stretch?

#16 madjam
March 06 2017, 07:56AM
cheers

Trading away Hall expedited a fast culture change , and Oilers have benefitted since then , despite somewhat less skill in lineup . Doubt Chia feels he had the time or luck to add a few more pieces for this season to be a finalist in playoffs . As long as training wheels do not fall off, we should see Oilers make the playoffs this year behind sensation McDavid . After spending over 5 weeks in Arizona , the nice thing is to see the Oilers in such a nice position at this time of year .

#17 freelancer
March 06 2017, 09:46AM

@Lazarus

They certainly have. The question was in regards to the Flames good run since the All Star break and I was just providing some context to that statement.

#18 Towersofdub
March 06 2017, 03:03PM
Oilerz4life wrote:

How about no. You should be banned.

banned for saying that there are fat ethnically mixed women in texas and florida? Seems draconian to me.

#19 3 Little Birds
March 06 2017, 01:42PM
Towersofdub wrote:

Wow dude, just wow.

This just in - Mexicans don't have afros.

#20 Oilerz4life
March 06 2017, 02:46PM
Towersofdub wrote:

How about no. You should be banned.

#21 Towersofdub
March 06 2017, 03:02PM
3 Little Birds wrote:

No elaboration needed, kind sir. I just found it hilarious that you pick the smallest sub-set of minorities to use as an unattractive example.

Norwegian-Cubans, Malaysian-New Zealanders and Polish-Guatemalans all seem to have escaped your critical, monocled eyed scrutiny!

It was just in response to someone suggesting that an nhl player would rather play in florida or texas because the women there are all beautiful. I actually like the full figured half black half latina look.

#22 Jordan McNugent-Hallkins
March 06 2017, 07:57AM
cheers

It's amazing how fast the season flies by when you're not floundering on the sea floor. Hoping for a BoA in the 1st round, make it happen!

#23 Ambassador humantorch
March 06 2017, 08:44AM
cheers

Calgarypuck is adorable today in their discussion of which team they'd like to face in the playoffs, and almost every answer is some form of "We could easily sweep Edmonton."

points at season head-to-head record

#24 Anton CP
March 06 2017, 08:58AM
Ambassador humantorch wrote:

points at season head-to-head record

It will still be a tough match up since it is a kind of different PffLames since after all-star game. If anything that the Oilers should not take them lightly once the playoffs starts that their roster do have more playoffs experiences than the Oilers. If the Oilers eventually ended up facing PfffffffLames in playoffs that I'm expecting a 7 game series with the Oilers winning the last at home.

#25 madjam
March 06 2017, 12:05PM
CMG30 wrote:

Correction. Having Talbot on his game and McDavid playing all season translated into this.

A healthier and newly added defence was just as important to our emergence , as Talbot and McDavid did not add much last year to the new culture that has emerged this season . Trading alpha male Hall made culture transition much easier , and seemed to bring rest of players together to a new level of acceptance of all playing for one another , and perhaps the breaking of the clique that seem to be Hall's groupees . New group seems to be more accepting of veterans , team concept and alumni .

#26 Towersofdub
March 06 2017, 09:12AM
cheers

I'm willing to bet $5 that the oilers make the playoffs.

#27 Spoils
March 06 2017, 08:40AM
cheers

Follow up question to the mail baggers what should we add this summer

#28 CMG30
March 06 2017, 10:48AM
madjam wrote:

#29 toprightcorner
March 06 2017, 01:01PM
cheers

Unsurprisingly, Hendersons answers were the exact opposite of Brownlees. They would have been opposite of Gregors as well. I am glad we dont have a "Matt Henderson" type GM or we would give Colorado and Vancouver a real run for their money.

#30 3 Little Birds
March 06 2017, 02:37PM
Towersofdub wrote:

#31 Oiler Al
March 06 2017, 03:05PM
Hemmercules wrote:

Do you bring anything to the conversation other than being childish and self righteous??

Hey, dont pick on Hockey 123, in a couple of years when he turns 15 yrs of age,he will think differently!

#32 freelancer
March 06 2017, 08:22AM
cheers

I did hope the Oilers might take a look at Parenteau, but I looked into his playoff experience. He has 15GP 2-3-5 in those games. Not saying Deharnais is a playoff wizard himself but perhaps PA's lack of playoff experience kept Chia away.

#33 freelancer
March 06 2017, 08:56AM

@Ambassador humantorch

Trying my hardest to avoid homerism, I do believe Edmonton is much better suited for a playoff series, Edmonton has more hits per game, more shots per game, more goals per game.

Calgary has more goals allowed per game so there is that...

#34 McRaj
March 06 2017, 09:34AM
madjam wrote:

Remember the day the trade was made? So many people on here were losing their minds, yourself and me included. How we were all wrong.

#35 Hemmercules
March 06 2017, 10:46AM
Hockey123 wrote:

We had no idea you felt this way. Tell us more oh wise one.

#36 toprightcorner
March 06 2017, 01:05PM
cheers

I find it funny how Chia tells everyone before the deadline tht he wasn't going to do much and for the most part, people were fine with that. He ends up doing exactly what he says and people are not happy.

It is stupid to make big changes and lose assests in an effort to try and win 2 more playoff games.

Keep those assets now, add some prospects to the system so in 1-2 years when they are much closer to competing for the conference finals or the cup, you can give up those picks with less affect on the organization.

#37 wiseguy
March 06 2017, 09:01AM
cheers

But where are the questions about who the top draft eligible players and who we are most likely to get? We need to know about those this time of year. I feel so uninformed going into draft day which is a short 3 months away!! Cmon ON. Forget this mythical "playoff" thing. Draft day is where we shine!!

#38 Ned
March 06 2017, 09:47AM
Heavy Stick wrote:

Nice try. Lucic (last summer"s top UFA) was offered considerably more money from Montreal and still chose Edm.

You're a goof.

#39 McRaj
March 06 2017, 10:34AM
Mr. Dad Bod 22 wrote:

Exactly, I wouldn't go spouting things like stats and facts over there though, wouldn't want to muddy the waters...

I live in Calgary so I constantly hear the whining and complaining. I hope we face the flames and slap em out in 4.

#40 Randaman
March 06 2017, 10:40AM
Hockey123 wrote:

You make the mistake of posting here too often.

What's your point?

LB will be just fine.

#41 camdog
March 06 2017, 10:56AM
cheers

Flames fans must be getting dizzy jumping on and off the bandwagon so many times the last 6 months.

#42 Hemmercules
March 06 2017, 11:19AM
Hockey123 wrote:

Oh good comeback

#43 toprightcorner
March 06 2017, 01:51PM
cheers

I don't blame Chia for the lack of moves at the deadline, I blame the NHL and that stupid compensation rule for hiring fired staff and stealing our 2nd round pick.

If we still had the second round pick, I am almost certain Boyle would be with the Oilers right now and everyone would be happy.

#44 MillHoodsHockey4Life
March 06 2017, 02:01PM

@toprightcorner

So you're saying it would be better to have every writer on here having the exact same opinion on everything? Next thing you'd be complaining that all the writers are paid by OEG to only have puff pieces. Why bother reading if you only want to hear the same voices over and over as long as they align with what you want to hear?

#45 Anton CP
March 06 2017, 08:15PM
cheers

For those who were criticized of Chiarelli's trade deadline approach clearly are short-sighted. This off-season has a long to-do list that making trades just for the sake of get a possible a few more extra playoffs games but ultimately still far off from being a Stanley Cup champion is non-sense.

A few factors that doing little this trade deadline is a good idea:

1. The team lacks playoffs experiences. More than half of the roster have not played a single playoffs games. No one knows how the team will compete in playoffs so no reason to rush.

2. They are not contender yet. No among of tweaks will help this team to have a significant playoffs impacts that it is still have to depend on the core leaders to carry the team into the future. They need to get their feet wet and gaining as much as experience as possible. Dreaming about winning it all will turn this team back to the old Oilers or be like how Avs is right now.

3. Expansion draft. This off-season will handicapped GMs to make a rush decision due to the possibility that they will loss main players. One thing about the trade of Davidson is actually making Vegas to take someone that Chiarelli really want to get rid of (ex. Pouliot or Fayne). Chiarelli may not get enough from Davidson but this move will force the hand of Vegas.

4. Upcoming expire EL contracts. Draisaitl is due for a big payday this off-season and with McDavid, Slepyshev, Caggiula, Benning, and Nurse following next off-season. No among of cap spaces will be enough to get some of them re-sign with the team so evaluating the team is much more important than push for a unrealistic Stanley Cup run. The team is just not ready yet.

#46 OilersGM
March 06 2017, 09:54PM
Hockey123 wrote:

If any team is playing their backup they are not gonna advance that far anyways.

#47 OriginalPouzar
March 06 2017, 07:46AM
cheers

Its March 6 and the question isn't "are they actually going to make the playoffs?" - Six months ago, that is the question most Oiler fans would be happy to be asking.

Questions, in reality, are:

- will the Oilers be able to hold on to home ice advantage for round one?

- can the Oilers hold on to a division spot and stave off finishing in simply a wild card spot?

- can the Oiler push to take the division title?

Amazing questions to be asking on March 6.

#48 camdog
March 06 2017, 08:27AM
cheers

The Oilers traded a depth d-man for an NHL center. This should be a good deal for both teams. Caggiula's struggled to produce at centre and right now is more suited for the wing. The third line in that game against Detroit was exciting to watch. Moving Caggiula to the wing is a win for the Oilers. I'd say it's 50-50 whether a rental winger would out produce him in this line up in this system over the next 20 plus games. He knows the system, he knows the coach, he's a better fit for this team right now, than those veterans that were available.

#49 freelancer
March 06 2017, 09:22AM

@Anton CP

They certainly are an improved team but a couple big things to keep in mind....

4. Calgary has played against 4 current playoff teams since the All Star Break.

#50 Mr. Dad Bod 22
March 06 2017, 10:18AM
Ambassador humantorch wrote:

points at season head-to-head record

Also seems to be a strong belief that McDavid and Co. are getting the benefit of a ton of biased reffing. Did I miss something? Grasping at straws for the beatdown the Oil threw at them over the course of the first half I guess.

Comments are closed for this article.